This is MUVING’s policy regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personally-identifiable information that we may obtain from you. It explains what kinds of information we collect, how we collect this information, how we use this information, whether we share this information, and what kind of control you have over our use, sharing, and retention of this information. By using our Website and Application, or otherwise providing personally identifiable information (“PII”) to us, you agree to be bound by the terms of this policy.
WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE COLLECT IT?
When you establish your account or rent a moped, MUVING needs to collect certain information about you in order to provide our services to you, including personally-identifiable information (“PII”). PII consists of information which enables you to be uniquely identified. MUVING collects the following personal data from you when you register for an account with us:
- your full name
- your e-mail address
- your home address
- your billing address
- your telephone number
- your driver’s license information
- your debit or credit card information, e.g. card number, expiration date, security/CVV code
In addition we may also collect other non-personally identifiable information from you, including:
- Usage details for your rental of a vehicle, including mileage, where you picked up and dropped off the vehicle, battery consumption, etc.
HOW DO WE USE THE DATA WE COLLECT?
Any PII collected by MUVING may be used for the following purposes:
- To manage requests to use our services
- To create a profile of you so we can provide you with the necessary tools and information to more effectively use our services, and to tailor our product and service offerings to you
- To process charges for using the Service by means of the payment gateway of the Website itself and of the Application.
- To analyse, improve, and optimize your use of the Service.
- To address your complaints, incidents, or inquiries using the Customer inquiry form, email, and customer service telephone number.
- Our internal market research and marketing analysis
- To provide you with individually-tailored information about our products and services and our affiliated companies. Specifically, we provide Customers who have specifically opted-in with publicity about special offers and promotions launched by MUVING, its affiliates, and certain third parties. This information may particularly deal with products, activities, services, competitions, special offers and/or promotions about sectors of collaborative consumption, transport, mechanics, electronic trading, insurance, leisure, travel and leisure, as well as any other services provided in the localities in which our service is offered.
MUVING might combine your PII with non-identifying information obtained either from you directly, or from the Website or Application. If we combine PII with non-identifying information, we will protect the combined information using commercially-reasonable means as we would protect information consisting entirely of PII.
If MUVING plans to use your PII for a purpose other than those included in this section, it will give you notice of this beforehand, including what specific type of information will be used and how we will use it, and you will have the right to opt-out of having your data used for such purpose.
HOW DO WE PROTECT THE DATA THAT WE COLLECT?
MUVING strives to ensure the security and confidentiality of the data and information it holds, including PII. For this reason, we have taken technical and organizational security measures that are commercially reasonable in order to prevent loss, wrongful use, or unauthorized access to such data and information. For example, we may use firewalls and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to ensure security of information and data in transit and in storage. At MUVING we are committed to moving fast and responsibly if the security of your data is at risk and to inform you about this if this is important with the greatest diligence. Please note that we will never ask you for your password or credit card information via email or over the phone. All of these functions are handled through the Website and the Application. You should report to us immediately at [EMAIL ADDRESS] if anyone attempts to have you disclose your password or credit card information over the phone or via email.
WITH WHOM DOES MUVING SHARE MY INFORMATION, AND HOW DOES THIS SHARING OCCUR?
We may disclose your PII to our affiliates and certain non-affiliated organizations, including:
- To your credit card issuer;
- To credit reporting and fraud monitoring agencies;
- To debt collection agencies, if necessary to collect money you owe us;
- To government agencies, including law enforcement agencies, where disclosure is required by law, to protect our rights and well-being, and that of our Customers and the general public. We reserve the right to disclose your PII to law enforcement if we suspect you are involved in any illegal activity.
We will typically disclose this information electronically via computer network, or via fax or phone, although we may also pass information physically (i.e. hardcopy).
WHAT CONTROL DO YOU HAVE OVER OUR COLLECTION OF DATA?
You can disable cookies at any time, although this could limit access to some sections of the browser and your browsing could be blocked at any time. You can block or disable cookies using your browser, which allows you to refuse the installation of all or some of the cookies, and to delete cookies that have already been installed. Most browsers are able to warn of the presence of cookies or reject them automatically. If you reject them, you may continue to use our Website (and Application), although the use of some of its services may be limited, meaning that your experience on our Website (and Application) may be less satisfactory.
You may opt-out of any marketing and promotional messages you receive by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by including in the subject line of the email “UNSUBSCRIBE MARKETING”. Please allow ten (10) days for this opt-out to take effect.
Customer can request that all of their PII be deleted by unsubscribing from our Service. In this event MUVING will only keep data necessary for sending its own marketing messages as well as those of third parties, but only if you consent to receiving these messages. MUVING may retain data, including PII, as required by for the legal period required for possible legal actions and administrative procedures which may be started in relation with MUVING.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
You guarantee the quality of the information provided to us. That is, you guarantee that the data and information you provide is real, truthful, up-to-date and also belongs to you and not to third parties. Therefore, you may not supply data that is false or out-of-date. You must always identify yourself with your personal electronic mail address and with truthful and current data.